Ho'okele Staff | Aug 20, 2012
• Yeoman 2nd Class Chris Beaver of the Los Angeles-class submarine USS Olympia’s (SSN 717) administration department says goodbye to his family on the submarine pier before the submarine departs Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam for its six-month deployment Aug. 8 to the western Pacific region.
U.S. Navy photo by MC1 Ronald Gutridge
• Isaac “Sonny” Kalua III, a painter apprentice, sings the national anthem and state song at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility apprentice graduation ceremony Aug. 10.
U.S. Navy photo by Marshall Fukuki
• Lt. Gen. Paul J. Selva, Pacific Air Forces vice commander, accepts a check Aug. 13 from Combined Federal Campaign overseas representative Renee Acosta, Headquarters PACAF, Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. The check for $95,683.42 was to help family support and youth programs throughout PACAF.
U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Jerome S. Tayborn
• David Pieper, base support vehicles and equipment product line team manager at Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAV-FAC) Hawaii, explains the standard features of the Vantage electric cargo van slow-moving vehicle (SMV) to Capt. John Coronado, commanding officer of NAVFAC Hawaii, at the command’s main transportation compound. The truck is one of 36 SMVs that NAVFAC Hawaii purchased to replace the aging vehicles currently in service.
U.S. Navy photo by Thomas Obungen
• U.S. Navy photo by Thomas Obungen The guided-missile cruiser USS Port Royal (CG 73) departs Pearl Harbor-Hickam to participate in a trilateral exercise with ships from the U.S. Coast Guard, Japan Maritime Self Defense Force and the Republic of Korea navy. The exercise is intended to increase interoperability, operational proficiency and readiness.
U.S. Navy photo by MC3 Dustin W. Sisco
Category: Pearl Harbor-Hickam Highlights