Ho'okele Staff | Jun 08, 2012
In 2012, the Battleship Missouri Memorial will commemorate the official birthdays of each branch of the U.S. military by offering free “Mighty Mo” passes to respective active-duty and retired members and their dependents. Mighty Mo passes will be free for:
* Army from June 9 to 17 (birthday is June 14).
* Coast Guard from July 28 to Aug. 5 (birthday is Aug. 4).
* Air Force from Sept. 15 to 23 (birthday is Sept. 18).
* Navy from Oct. 13 to 21 (birthday is Oct. 13).
* Marine Corps from Nov. 10 to 18 (birthday is Nov. 10).
* National Guard from Dec. 8 to 16 (birthday is Dec. 13).
In addition, general admission to the Missouri is free for all guests attending the following two annual ceremonies held on the battleship:
* 67th anniversary of the end of the war in the Pacific, Sept. 2, from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m.
* Battleship Missouri Veterans Day sunset ceremony, Nov. 11, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Mighty Mo Passes are all-in-one tickets to the Missouri, including admission and choice of a guided tour. Qualified visitors must present a valid military I.D. upon purchasing their Mighty Mo pass, available at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center or onsite at Battleship Missouri Memorial ticket window.
The Battleship Missouri Memorial is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For those without access into Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, shuttle buses provide roundtrip transportation from the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center during operating hours. Standard admission, which includes choice of a guided tour, is $22 per adult and $11 per child 4-12. For more information or to reserve a tour, call 973-2494 on Oahu, toll-free at 1-877-MIGHTYMO (1-877-644-4896) or visit www.ussmissouri.org.